To maintain the integrity and relevance of your CCLTE certification, adherence to our Continued Education (CE) requirements is crucial. Here’s a structured outline of the process:
- Initial Grace Period: The first-year post-certification is a grace period, during which there are no formal CE requirements.
- Documentation from the Second Year Onward: Starting from the second year after obtaining your certification, you are responsible for documenting all courses, seminars, workshops, and other educational activities you engage in. Additionally, any papers or articles you author and publish in recognised journals or platforms must be recorded. Note: Posts on personal blogs, LinkedIn, or similar platforms are excluded from this requirement.
- For webinars and on-site teachings, record the time spent actively participating, excluding breaks and intervals.
- For e-learning modules, learners should record the average completion time suggested by the course provider, as this typically reflects the optimal engagement time for content absorption. In the absence of a provided estimate, you can utilise the actual time spent actively engaging with the content, excluding any breaks.
- For publications, you may count between 2 and 6 hours of CE per article depending on complexity, amount of research and outlet.
- Random Audits: The CCLTE reserves the right to randomly request an overview of your CE activities. It is imperative that you maintain comprehensive records to showcase your commitment to professional growth.
- Guideline for Annual Professional Development: While we do not set a strict minimum, it is recommended that certificate holders engage in at least 16 hours of professional education each year. This ensures a consistent and in-depth understanding of the ever-evolving legal and tech sectors.
- Alignment with Learning Objectives: Your continued education should align with and reflect the learning objectives of the specific CCLTE certified course you completed. The objective is to foster a deepening of expertise and ensure that you remain at the forefront of your specialization.
Adherence to these guidelines guarantees that you not only uphold the high standards set by the CCLTE but also continue to serve the industry with the latest and most relevant knowledge.